There are 2 consultation packages available of different lengths – 3 sessions or 6 sessions. I have created these options as a way for people to feel as though they are fully immersed in the concepts.
3 session introductory/consolidation package $370
Who it’s for
- People who have heard about the Eat in Peace philosophies such as the non-diet approach, HAES ® or mindful and intuitive eating, but are unsure whether it is the right fit for them at this point in their lives
- People who have explored the Eat in Peace philosophies previously either with Eat in Peace or other health professionals, but are looking to revisit it, consolidate their knowledge or would like a “refresher”
- 1 initial session with Eat in Peace Dietitian (up to 75 minutes)
- 2 review sessions (up to 60 minutes)
- Written information and activities
- Email /SMS support throughout
- 1 pack of Mindful Eating or Body Positive Cards
6 session comprehensive package $730
Who it’s for
- People who are familiar with the general background of Eat in Peace philosophies (for example, have looked through the Eat in Peace website, or visited some of the resources) and would like to fully explore them with a health professional
- 1 initial session with Eat in Peace dietitian (up to 75 minutes)
- 5 review sessions (up to 60 minutes)
- Written information and activities
- 1 pack of Mindful Eating or Body Positive cards
- Email / SMS support throughout
What will be covered during sessions?
- An assessment of where you are currently at in terms of your overall health, wellbeing, and eating behaviour
- An introduction to the concepts of the non-dieting approach, intuitive eating and the Health at Every Size ® paradigm
- Skills and practices which can be incorporated into a non dieting approach to your eating such as mindfulness, mindful eating, and appetite (hunger/fullness/satisfaction) awareness
- Practical mindful eating experiences
- Practical appetite awareness activities
- Basic non diet nutrition information
- Practical ways to build confidence in choosing and preparing a variety of all foods
- Strategies to foster and incorporate body positivity
- Practical ways to incorporate movement into your life
What you can expect
- To be asked lots of questions, and to be listened to – this helps assess where you are currently at in terms of your overall health, wellbeing, and eating behavior, and more importantly helps you form more awareness and insight into your relationship with food, eating and what you need to reach a more peaceful life with food.
- An introduction to the concepts of the non-dieting approach, intuitive eating and the Health at Every ® Size paradigm
- To foster a sense of reconnection – reconnect with your body’s abilities, reconnect with your body’s cues of hunger, fullness and satisfaction, reconnect with food and eating as a source of pleasure and enjoyment.
- To learn skills and practices which can be incorporated into a non dieting approach to your eating such as mindfulness and mindful eating
- To build awareness of your hunger, fullness and satisfaction signals (learning when to start, continue and finish eating)
- To build some trust in acting on appetite signals
- To identity eating and compensatory behaviours such as restriction, binge eating , over eating or non-hungry eating ®
- To identify strategies to address any binge eating , over eating or non-hungry eating ®
- To learn how to incorporate mindfulness and mindful eating into your life
- If required, a meal plan will be developed collaboratively with your dietitian. This may be suggested if your eating is quite erratic and having an effect on your physical and mental wellbeing.
- To build confidence in your ability to choose and prepare a variety of foods
- To become aware of ways to incorporate more body positivity into your life
- To become aware of where movement fits in your life and how to incorporate it in a realistic and gentle way
Terms and conditions/payments for packages
- These are personalized, client centred packages and not one size fits all.
- The list of topics covered is a general list of what could be discussed and explored throughout the sessions, and is subject to change depending on client goals, interests and starting point. Eat in Peace encourages clients to be transparent with their dietitian, and discuss what they are hoping to get out of attending sessions, and their expectations. In turn, your dietitian will aim to incorporate any query or content you wish to cover.
- Appointments within the 3 session package are to be attended within 3 months.
- Appointments within the 6 session package are to be attended within 5 months.
- You are encouraged to organise all appointments at the time of booking, approximately fortnightly. However, we understand that life throws us curveballs, or just… life happens!
- Days and times are subject to appointment availability.
- 50% deposit required at time of initial consultation. Remainder due 7-14 days following.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or queries about payments.
- Unfortunately no refunds are available for full payment or deposit.
- We accept cash, cheque, direct deposit or credit card (please note there is a 1% processing fee for credit card purchases of packages).
You are able to withdraw at any time, however no refunds are provided on deposits or services already provided. If you are unsure whether Eat In Peace packages are right for you, you are encouraged to book in for a standard initial consultation.